The other day I made a yummy Crème brûlée for the first time ever and it was very successful, so let me share this easy recipe with you.
400 ml cream
200 ml milk
90 g sugar
4 egg yolks
1 vanilla pod
brown cane sugar/icing sugar for sprinkling
1. Scrape the vanilla pod and mix the vanilla caviar with a little bit of sugar in a mortar (I just did it in a small bowl).
2. Add the cream, the milk, the sugar, the 4 mixed 4 egg yolks and the vanilla caviar (with the little bit of sugar) and mix it briefly with a hand blender.
3. Put the cream in the fridge over night (or for a few hours).
4. Put the cream in 6 separate dessert bowls.
5. Put the six dessert bowls in a container. Add water to the container so that the dessert bowls are half-covered in water.
6. Bake the Crème brûlée in the oven for about 45 minutes (150 degrees air circulation oven, I baked it in 180 degrees in a very old fashioned oven) until it’s not liquid anymore.
7. Let the dessert bowls cool down.
8. Put the dessert bowls in the fridge for a couple of hours.
9. Just before you serve the Crème brûlée, sprinkle it with brown cane sugar/icing sugar, put it under the grill or use a Bunsen burner (also known as torch) to get what makes a Crème brûlée a Crème brûlée .
P.S. I love the Vanilla pods! My neighbour gave me the tip to keep the rest after you scraped it and put it in your sugar bowl so you’ll have Vanilla sugar! Enjoy!
Creme Brûlée pic found here, vanilla pod pic found here.